Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Definition of Competitive

It wasn't enough throwing the bat at Piazza...

Clemens brushes back son after giving up HR


KISSIMMEE, Fla. - Roger Clemens’ son took dad deep on the Rocket’s first pitch of spring training, crushing a trademark fastball over the left-field fence Monday.

“That was probably one of the harder fastballs I cut loose,” Roger Clemens said after throwing to Koby and other Houston Astros minor-leaguers. “He got my attention.”

Then the Rocket got Koby’s. The next time his oldest son came to the plate, Roger buzzed him high and tight with another fastball. The younger Clemens dodged the pitch, then smiled at his father.
Buzz your own kid?
Perfect for the Bronx

2 Comments:

Blogger Vigilante said...

Throwing 'chin music' at your own son is better than being taken deep by your off-spring. Respect for your elders trumps family ties, I always say!

10:15 AM  
Blogger WATCHER71 said...

Hi Epa....are you a Yanks fan too?....Listen I'm tearing my hair out at what I'm reading over at IBA re our...unfriendly nationalist folks....appreciated your no BS comments as ever...have you read it recently...? Could really do with you weighing in....as I'm wondering WTF Pas is doing....I'm losing my faith mate!....Sorry to intrude on a more peaceful blog but Villagers with torches is down...anyway...I'm hoping you and Pas know that I have the utmost respect for your opinions....but I don't know what to make of what I'm reading. Your immediate assessment tells me that you can't be sucked in by lies and half truths...Is there a way we can chat? As ever best regards...and once again sorry for intruding...I hope I haven't crossed any etiquette lines by commenting here...

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home